Trip Overview of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Dian Fossey Tour
#Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
#Day 2: Gorilla Trekking in Volcanoes National Park
#Day 3: Transfer to Dian Fossey Tomb
#Day 4: Transfer to Lake Kivu
#Day 5: Depart to Kigali
Detailed Itinerary of the 4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Dian Fossey Tour
Day 1: Transfer to Volcanoes National Park
Morning breakfast then transfer to Volcanoes National Park and en-route watch the green misty rolling hills of Rwanda. Enjoy lunch too then after you get to th park and check-in lodge for Dinner and Overnight. Ingagi Volcanoes Park View lodge.
Day 2: Gorilla Trek in Volcanoes National Park
Early morning breakfast then go to the park head quarters for short briefing around the Mountain Gorillas. After in allocated in groups of 8 continue to enter the green forest vegetation to trek the Mountain Gorillas for 3-5 hours. After a while you meet the Gorillas and in an hour stay in their presence taking photos to keep. After Gorilla Trekking, return to lodge for Dinner and Overnight. Ingagi Volcanoes Park View lodge.
Day 3: Transfer to Dian Fossey Center
Enjoy breakfast then go to the Dian Fossey Centre hiking along the stunning Mount Bisoke Volcano. After a while you reach the Karisoke Research Center where you earn about the works of Dian Fossey who sacrificed her life to save that of the Mountain Gorillas that were killed at the time. After, return to starting point then to lodge for Dinner and Overnight. Ingagi Volcanoes Park View Lodge.
Day 4: Depart to Kigali
Early morning breakfast then with all your luggage embark on departure to Kigali visiting the Genocide Memorials, National Museums, National Market then after to Kigali International airport to board flight back home.
4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Dian Fossey Safari Includes
- Ground transportation
- Accommodation and meals as per itinerary
- Gorilla Trekking Permits
- Visit Dian Fossey Centre
- Visit genocide memorials
- Boat cruise along Lake Kivu visiting fishing villages
- Professional English speaking guide
4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Dian Fossey Safari Excludes
Airfares, Visa, tipping fees to locals and porters while trekking gorillas, Laundry, Cigarettes, Luxury drinks and any other personal nature expenses not mentioned in the Itinerary.
Essential Things to Do Before the 4 Days Rwanda Gorillas & Dian Fossey Tour
Carry the Essential Gorilla Trekking Gear
As you plan on embarking on the 1 day Budget Rwanda gorilla Trek, make sure to carry the ideal Gorilla Trekking Gear like.
- Long waterproof trousers not jeans are ideal
- Long-sleeved shirts to protect you from getting bites and piercings from tree branches.
- Gardening gloves to protect your palms
- Rain jackets
- Water proof caps / hats
- A candid waterproof zip lock bag to protect your camera and gadgets
- Hiking/ Trekking shoes
- Skin repellents to protect you from insect bites as you trek through the forest.
Make Sure you have a valid Gorilla trekking Permit
As you go on your 1 day Budget Rwanda Gorilla Trek, make sure you carry your Gorilla Trekking Permit at US $1500 per person. This Gorilla Trekking Permit takes you Gorilla Trekking at the popular Volcanoes National Park situated in Rwanda’s Ruhengeri District and also known to offer remarkable gorilla Trekking Safaris to tourists around the world.
Ensure to target the Best Time around the year to go Gorilla Trekking
When planning to go on your 1 day Budget Rwanda Gorilla Trek make sure to travel during the Best time to watch the Gorillas and this is during the months of June to September and mid-December to February.
Follow the required Precautions while with Gorillas
While in the presence of the Mountain Gorillas, ensure to follow the precautions to enjoy the Best adventures as you trek the Gorillas in their habitat.
- Keep calm and quiet wile with the Gorillas
- Make sure you stay close with other colleagues (Stay in the group)
- Maintain a distance of 7 metres (21 feet) from the Gorillas
- Don’t eat or drink in the presence of the Gorillas
- You should in groups of 8 to trek Gorillas
- Clean your hands before trek
- Keep flashes out in your cameras
- Don’t throw rubbish anyhow
- When approached by a Gorilla (silverback Gorilla), crouch down slowly and don’t maintain eye contact
- An hour is allowed in the presence of the gorillas.